Handing over your house keys and trusting a stranger to walk your darling dog can be overwhelming, even a bit scary.
Here are a few questions to ask during the initial meet ‘n’ greet to make sure you find the right dog walker.
- Will the dog walker accommodate your dog’s needs? Some pups need more patience getting out the door. Other pups do best with lots of treats whenever the harness goes over their head. A good dog walker will partner with you to make sure your pup is as comfortable as possible.
- Does the dog walking service have processes in place to assure the dog walker is paying 100% attention to your dog at all times? Phones are for emergencies only during walks—period.
- What if? What’s the dog walker’s policy if there is an emergency? How would the dog walker respond if your dog exhibited naughty behaviors? Ask these questions and make sure you 100% comfortable with the responses.
- We also recommend verifying the dog walking company is licensed, bonded, and insured. And if your neighbor tells you that your dog walker is kind, patient, and attentive to your pup, leaving a tip is always a good idea. Your dependable dog walker will be grateful.
- BONUS points if the dog walker has completed CPR Training and is Dog*Tec Dog Walking Academy certified.
If you know a fabulous dog walker who deserves more awesome clients like yourself, we’re always looking to promote great dog pros – read more about our listing service.
Dog E Directory delights in offering our listing service to you. However, we’re not doggie detectives. Please cross-check review websites and always use your best judgment when picking caretakers for your canine.